Stimulus Quick Facts
- On February 17, 2009, President Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
- There is more than $19 billion devoted to healthcare IT.
- As of December 2011, over 90,000 Eligible Providers had already received their 2011 EHR incentive payments. Over 600 million dollars had been paid out to EP’s and Hospitals.
- Doctors of Chiropractor are eligible to recieve up-to-$44,000 each if they meet the required criteria.
- Doctors of chiropractic are included in the incentive package because the ARRA Act of 2009 adopted the definition for physicians for this program from the Social Security code.
- In order to collect incentive funds, you must implement a certified EHR as determined by the government.
- In order to collect incentive funds, you must use your EHR in a "meaningful way" (as determined by the Department of Health and Human Services).