Steven is an acknowledged expert in Health IT, including EHR (electronic health records) and the up-to-$44,000 ARRA incentive program to implement EHR.
Dr. Kraus has served—and continues to serve—on numerous committees and boards, including:
- E.H.R. Task Force for the ACA
- ACA Health Care Reform Task Force
- ACA Performance Measures Workgroup
- ACA Legislative Committee
- Past member of HL7 Workgroup – the global authority on standards for interoperability of health information technology
- Past President of Iowa Chiropractic Society
- Past Chairman and Board Member of the Iowa Board of Chiropractic Examiners
He frequently travels to Washington D.C. to represent the chiropractic profession, helping ensure DCs are considered in healthcare discussions and policymaking.
Dr. Kraus is also an expert on practice management, with more than 22 years’ experience in his own practice. He has developed and sold 18 practices and has provided strategic consulting to more than 400 healthcare businesses nationwide. He lectures to state associations and at industry events regarding EHR and the relationship to documentation, and he presents monthly webinars on how EHR usage will impact doctors of chiropractic.